I forked Capheind's text version of the SRD on github and reformatted it as Markdown. Since it's hosted on GitHub, it's directly viewable as HTML. Check it out at:
- It's kramdown flavoured Markdown, the same as used on GitHub. This gives us support for tables (a hard requirement for ACKS!).
- But some tables seem to be too big for GitHub to convert and show up as unconverted. They convert fine locally.
- It includes a Makefile that converts MD to HTML. This should work on any Unix or Mac OS X that has kramdown installed.
- I did a lot of work ensuring the headers are the right levels and cross-references are hyperlinked.
- I don't think the upstream text source had all the errata. I made a few changes, mainly when the wrong chapter was indicated in a cross-reference, and added a few missing tables, including Mortal Wounds and Tampering with Mortality. However, all the errata should probably be double checked.
- I still might do a few fixups on the Previous / Next chapter links, and maybe create a detailed table of contents.
Let me know what you think!